Role: Executive Secretary – Rising Tide Africa
Reports to: Executive Committee
Duties and Responsibilities
- General Administration
- Coordinate the identification and recruitment of new members, maintains a high percentage of annual Membership renewals, and ensures active Membership participation in all meetings.
- Oversee the scheduling and planning of all RTA meetings and/or events including RTA Board Meetings, Executive Committee (Exco) Meetings as well as other events in line with the four pillars of RTA (investments, education, networking, and mentoring).
- Liaise with appropriate professionals to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements pertaining to RTA and its special purpose investment vehicles including filing of annual returns.
- Manage the day to day running of the RTA secretariat.
- Investment Management
- Conduct initial screening of investment opportunities received by RTA; attend investment team meetings and coordinate communication of due diligence requests and investment decisions to entrepreneurs.
- Support deal leads with the due diligence process and ensure investment documents are appropriately filed in the RTA database.
- Maintain regular contact, with each RTA funded company and ensures that portfolio companies adhere to reporting requirements agreed with RTA.
- Sponsorship & Partnerships
- Develop relationships with complementary organisations, such as other Angel groups, incubators, accelerators, Venture Capital firms, Private Equity firms, and investment banks for potential RTA co‐investment/ Collaboration /or follow‐on investments.
- Represent RTA at stakeholders’/partners’ meetings /events, deliver timely minutes of meetings and implement agreed action items.
- Identify potential sources of sponsorship and source for grant funding for RTA.
- Responsible for overseeing the RTA annual budget and financial reporting processes.
- Manage day to day accounting including follow-up of membership fees, vendor payments, bank reconciliation, etc.
- Education & Mentorship
- Research angel investment “best practices” and periodically benchmark RTA against other angel networks to improve RTA processes.
- In conjunction with the Education Team, organise trainings, masterclasses, webinars, and other knowledge-sharing events.
- Support the Mentoring Team to fine-tune the mentoring process; maintain the mentorship diary and measure the impact of mentoring programs.
- Communications, Data Management & IT
- Develop and maintain an on-going networking, communication and promotional plan, to be approved by the Exco.
- In conjunction with the media team, prepare the RTA monthly newsletter with input from Exco members.
- In conjunction with the Media Team, direct the development and utilization, of the RTA website, ensuring constant update of its contents.
- Create and maintain a database of RTA Members and track all related investment activity in the RTA database, ensuring all RTA data/information is up-to-date, secure and readily accessible.
- Manage IT infrastructure including cloud storage, domain hosting, email system and document databases.
- In conjunction with the appointed professional, coordinates the financial due diligence process including valuation, cash flow projections, other financial documentation including income statements, balance sheets and forward-looking financial projections for all selected investment portfolio.
- Proactively interprets and coordinates all follow‐on funding requirements for RTA investments.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Law or similar degree.
- An MBA or similar post graduate qualification would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years working experience including in a managerial position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and teamworking abilities.
- Good interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- The ability to handle the stress of a high-powered position.
- Good computer & IT skills.
- Reliable and self-motivated strategic thinker.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Budget management experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
Send Application to: